December 8, 2006

It’s friggin’ freezin’ out there, Mr. Bigglesworth.

The bus I was on this morning broke down at 72nd and York. That’s a good 19 blocks and 6 avenues from my job. I walked it. I’m an idiot. BUT to jump to my own defense (as I would): I had used change for the bus and didn’t have enough to get on another bus, I currently have on my “I’m Financially Responsible” underpants and didn’t want to spend money on a cab, AND the Upper East Side subway system seemed pointless (as it is). Cut to me: sitting in my office with my scarf wrapped around me and my winter coat acting as a blanket for my legs.

I make freezing look good.
Cold. Cold. Friggin’ COLD!!

So, this has been a busy little week for yours truly. I’ve had a houseguest (studio-guest?) since Monday . . . which makes my 150 sq. foot studio (that’s SUCH an exaggeration) a wee bit more cramped than usual . . . but that happens when you put more than one person in there. However, Miss. Miller is a lovely little studio-guest and not the least bit un-fun. In fact, she’s fun+10! And a fancy shmancy lawyer, too! (Um, Laura, can you please help me get out of a little thing I like to call “Confidentiality Agreement Shmonfidentiality Agreement”?)

Let’s see . . . what else . . .

I’ve been particularly busy at work yet have managed to get my butt to the gym the last few days. Whoop whoop! Starting to use weights again. Holy Painful Ass, Buttercup.

Oh, yes, and I got an eye infection! Fun, right? RIGHT?!?! Righto. It’s no herpes of the eye, but it’s still a lot of fun. If by fun you mean it sucks big balls. I have to wear my glasses until next Tuesday. I never wear my glasses. They tend to give me headaches. They’re also a tad loose, a tad scratched up, and one step away from being held together with duct tape. BUT, alas, I have to wear them. Strangely, I’ve been told that I “look so smart!” once and “look really good!” three times . . . what in the eff do I look like without them??

And now for something completely different (but still “busy” related . . . “busy in the mind” that is . . . oh, snap!):

I’ve decided to stay in my pricey little studio. Expensive? Yes. Going to keep living paycheck to paycheck? Yup, most likely. But after weighing the pros and cons more times than I can count, I’m sure that this is the right thing to do. It may be an expensive little place to live, but it’s MY OWN little place. That and I like the neighborhood, the management is awesome (SO important to me after a number of craptacular places), security is good, electric and gas is included, AND I can walk just about everywhere . . .

I’m even thinking of ways to make extra money on the side, to help with the expense. Here’s what I have so far:
1. Courtesan (there are some definite “up” sides to this option . . . hardy har)
2. Bartender (PROBABLY have to learn how not to drink on the job first . . .)
3. Market my design services and up my freelance work

I’m leaning towards the courtesan option.

I might be She-Woman.

I need a nap.

No comments: