March 29, 2007

Half past Fun.

I went to a screening of the new Showtime series, The Tudors, tonight. It began with cocktail hour and ended with a Q&A with “Henry himself!” Johnny Rhys-Meyers. Dude . . . what a pretentious ass. I’ll admit, I didn’t always feel justified in thinking that about him. I mean, I think he’s a decent actor, and he’s pretty, and people seem to like him, etc, etc. However, tonight I’m not sitting here thinking “M-Dawg! You had it all wrong! He’s quite a lovely fellow!” Instead it’s “Well, he’s a pompous little fuck, isn’t he?”

My feelings about him aren’t going to stop me from buying the Showtime package and watching every single Tudors episode though. I LOVE me some Tudor history. Especially good old Henry VIII. Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived! Don’t the Brits have some good fun!?! (By the by, the new Philippa Gregory, The Boleyn Inheritance is excellent. Still, nothing tops The Other Boleyn Girl . . . holy crap, I’d marry that book.) Second Parentheses (Betsy: I heart you for the invite.)

To transition gracefully . . .

It’s half past midnight and good Jebus, In other news, I spent $60 at Sam Flax on Monday, picking up 3 different sketch pads (because I’m going to draw like a madwoman, apparently) and some new pastels. I almost bought new pencils until I realized that would give me four sets. Good thing I didn’t because I probably wouldn’t have spent the money on the Jam Band for my fridge. And who knows what I’d do without a magnet of a frog playing bass.



The good news: I’m working at this proactive thing.
The bad news: I’m working at that lazy thing, too.

Hey, at least I’m multi-tasking.


FYI: The new Chocolate LG phone kind of sucks it with regard to the phone part. Texting on this mutha's a bitch. Haven't tried the music part yet. It better rock my world or there's going to be one unhappy camper in Muggyland. *It is a fancy little devil though.*

No comments: