June 26, 2007

New Music. Good Music.

Hot as hell in the great NYC today. I don’t like it. I don’t like it at all. I’m not a heat and humidity person. I’d rather snuggle in the cold. Heat: not made for snuggling.

I really don’t know what I’m talking about.

I decided to forgo the gym (AGAIN) today and walk home (per usual). However, I became somewhat frustrated as I was leaving the office as I realized that I’d forgotten my radio at home. That’s right, folks. My radio. Yes, not only do I still carry around my discman (nope, still no iPod) but I also carry around a radio. Muggins likes the variety. You just never know what you’re going to get.

So, as I’d forgotten the radio, I decided to make my way past Borders on the way. I’ve been revisiting the Indigo Girls’s Come On Now Social album for the last few days and I didn’t think it would keep for another 40-minute walk. So, I did what any other self-respecting woman (in the 90s) would do . . . I bought a CD for $17.99.

For crying out, bleeding loud.

Yes, Sarah, I know this isn’t in my new, swanky, budget. I think I need to add a budget allotment for my lack of willpower.

Believe me, I was highly annoyed . . . that is, until I popped my shiny new CD into my decrepit discman. I give you, ladies and gentleman, my new, favorite song . . . and one of my new, favorite groups. Hot damn, these chicks can harmonize . . .



Amazing purchase. I’m really, really, really happy with it. The album is called 40 Days. Go buy it (the actual CD, with the actual liner notes, designed by an actual designer) – you won’t be sorry. This is their older album. I’ll be buying their new one, Firecracker, shortly.

This is my kind of music.

OK, I’m done.

Almost.

Here’s a lovely looking tour date, from their website, for the NY folk. You can bet your sweet ass I’ll be there. (Because this fact makes you want to be there, too, yes?)

September 27, 2007 (Thursday)
New York, NY
Joe's Pub (425 Lafayette, New York, NY)
Time: 7pm
Tickets: $18
Website: Joe's Pub

(I friggin’ love discovering new music. New beautiful music.)

3 comments:

Cristina said...

AMAZING. You. Must. Burn. This. For. Me. Seriously.

Kath said...

that show is three days after the day celebrating my birth. just saying. i'm thinking about having a destination birthday. it's like a destination wedding except i have sex with myself. now i'll go listen to your track.

Kath said...

ps. i love this song. i do think you've gone up a good eight points on the ani difranco scale, however. if you know what i'm saying. now teach me how to put tracks on my blog, please.