July 31, 2007

You fall for pretty strangers / And the promises they hold

Wow, the “Hamptons” suck it (see #7) . . . and 9 other things I learned over this past weekend:

1. Cadbury Buttons go beautifully with strawberries and champagne . . . and a breezeway . . . and a quiet night at my sister’s house . . . and good company . . . (Sarah: We’re totally doing that again next time I’m out there. I’ll bring the Prosecco . . . and, um, we’ll order the Buttons?)

2. You don’t so much need towels at the beach . . . you do, however, need sunblock (especially if you’re the color of snow). The crazy bright red color (and pain) that was all over my back, chest and shoulders has finally started to dissipate, somewhat. Let’s just say, these last fews days have made me wish I could let the girls free and go boob-holder-less – outside of my humble abode, that is. “Why not?” you say . . . “For fear of clocking small children in my path,” I say.

3. You tell a two-year-old not to do something, she’s going to do it . . . and do it with a smile.

4. My sisters are two of my best friends (sniffle sniffle wheeze sniffle).

5. I’m still pretty naïve when it comes to believing that most people are open-minded.

6. You stand up for yourself and for your friends and you feel quite a bit of peace.

7. The “Hamptons” is one big ball of insecurity, immaturity, and asshole.

8. I love breakfast food. A lot. A whole, whole lot.

9. There's nothing much better than being by yourself, at home, under a blanket, during a rainstorm, with a good movie/TV/book/magazine, and a big bowl of ice cream.

10. Absence makes the heart grow fonder . . . or some bullshit like that.

No comments: