February 13, 2008

Breaking it down:

1. Mindy Smith Radio. Excellent working music. Now that I’m home, I want to go play my old Tracy Chapman CDs. (Note to self: remember to purchase old Cranberries albums – you have no idea where your cassette tapes went.)

2. I desperately need to de-clutter my life, namely my apartment (Oprah says it works wonders.) Books, clothes, etc to Housing Works, STAT -- with the exception of the “good books” (no, not bibles) that I shall try my best to sell on eBay. I’m also thinking of holding an “email” giveaway. Friends like books, no?

3. Turtlenecks = I will never purchase again. I own ONE and that’s one too many. And it’s a sweater type, lovely piece of clothing. But for the love of everything good and pure, I wanted to rip it off my neck all day. Sweet Jesus . . . Talk. About. Uncomfortable.

4. I can’t friggin’ wait to go out to my sister’s house this weekend. I miss her. I miss her child. I miss her hubby (and I’m DEFinitely sure he misses me A LOT, too). OH, and I miss Sober. My niece is talking so much now and I feel a deep need to conversate with her. Things seem to be hopping for that 3-year-old . . . as they should be. She barely has time to spit out all of her goings on before hanging up on me half the time.

5. I ALSO can’t wait to go home to Virginia NEXT weekend to see Faye, George (her new wee tot), Farrah (home from the land of the Brits), me Mam, and me Big Guy. I can’t wait to smell home.

6. Nessi: I’m going to need to squeeze your child soon.

7. Needs to go eats my Tasti now . . . it’s not going to eat itself.

3 comments:

JCN said...

You'll squeeze nothing and like it.

Anonymous said...

two completely random comments: 1-the best old cranberries album is no need to argue. and no i'm not a woman.

and 2-you should try looking into the website alibris.com for selling books. you might have better luck than ebay. you know, if you do declutter your life and actually try to sell your books.

Dancin'KT said...

Ahem. WHAT ABOUT ME?!?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!?!?! Am I chopped liver? I'M AT HOME IN VA TOO YOU KNOW. Just b/c I don't live with Mom and Dad anymore, and don't have a cute little kid running around, doesn't mean you get to treat me like I don't even EXIST. I am not pleased right now. Not at all.

Ooh, so I have my flag football finals next weekend on Saturday morning. Might be something you can bring Lisbeth to run around to. Just a thought.