June 11, 2007

Dodo! Come!

OK . . . so, rush hour in NYC officially sucks it. Big time. After a couple years of successfully avoiding the subway system during rush hour, today was un-fun. BUT that’s what you get when your sister suckers you into staying out in Strong Island one night longer than you were planning on. BUT (again) how easy is it to leave this nugget (and, of course, nugget’s Mummy)?:



(This was a RARE RARE RARE occurrence of my niece not moving.)

I miss my family already.

I had a lovely weekend while it lasted. Congrats again on becoming a homeowner, Sarah. Your newly papered shelves look like a couple of geniuses put them together . . . oh, wait, but they did! (Um, we’re awesome.)

OK, I’m going to start making sense now . . . (because that’s happened before??)

I think I’ve been awake for too long this morning.

(Yes, it’s possible.) (Wow, I love the parentheses, don’t I?) (I need to stop it.) (It's not going to happen . . . see below.)

At least I have PANDORA to enchant the morning for moi (I am not French). Holy CRAP, I love this site. It’s BAD NEWS BEARS for me though. Why, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you. Read: I have a spending problem. And worse, the spending problem gets a wee bit out of control around music and movies (and clothes and home furnishings and art and . . . ). Hence my inability to go into a Best Buy without leaving without $60 worth of stuff. And a lot of the time, the stuff that I pick up is random shit that I just think “looks good!” Most of the time this works out for my ears. For my financial situation: EFFING HORRIBLE.

Right. Getting back to PANDORA . . . I now have a list of 10 or so albums that I want to buy. Stuff from people I’ve never heard of AND albums from people I hadn’t realized had come out with new albums (because I have my head up my ass, apparently). Here’s a little sampling from my “The Be Good Tanyas” radio station (because I know you’re REALLY interested):

Kate Rusby – “10”
Deb Talan – “A Bird Flies Out”
Wailin’ Jennys – “40 Days” / “Firecracker”
Old Crowe Medicine Show - “Don’t Ride That Horse” (FYI Kath and Tim: Sarah and I were looking thru some pics from her wedding over the weekend – you two looked right lovely!!)

If anyone has any idea what these albums are like, please let a chick know. (Not that a bad recommendation will really stop me from buying them.)

Speaking of my horrible spending, good GOD, I need to get it under control. Big time panic lately. Big time stress. Big time idiot I’ve been. Must pull up skirt and act like adult.

Perhaps a new job will help?? Less stress, less spending?? Less boredom, less shopping?? Here’s hoping. Of course, we’ll have to wait until the end of the summer to see, I suppose – unless I can get my ass into a new gig before lay off time. Here’s hoping squared. What, oh what, can I do to make my resume more alluring? Attach “free massage” coupons?? Hhmmmmm . . . note to self: learn massage.

Wow, I’ve gotten way off course here. Not that there ever was one. I think I might be a little dazed from lack of sleep. Again. So, really, this is completely normal for yours truly.

Good thing I have a blog to talk about all of these important issues, huh?

No comments: