October 25, 2007

I never ramble.

Tis truly frustrating not having a computer at home. Truly, truly frustrating. I’ve become way too dependent on technology. But you can bet your ass I’ll never be going on one of those “Living Green for a Year!” endeavors that are all the rage right now. Nope, Green can suck it. (Just kidding, just kidding, Earth!)

Sooooooo . . . the computer is MAYBE going to work again. Maybe not. Things are fuzzy. BUT the good news is that I’ll be buying one of the G5s going off lease from my company for about $300 – and I think I’ll be bringing that puppy home next week sometime. So, that’s something. Of course, wouldn’t you know, as soon as I have a wee bit more money coming in, out it on goes. Jebus. Yet, I need the faster, better, doesn’t-shut-down-every-5-minutes machine. Need need need want want want . . .

Completely OFF subject, I heard the following conversation on Tuesday morning, on my bus-ride to work. Made me laugh SO I wrote it down for your pleasure:

Old woman: “You know Tom’s suit last night?”

Old man: “Yeah (pause) what about it?”

Old woman: “I always wanted you to buy one like that but it’s too late now. Now you’re too old.

And . . . silence.

Right. Well, that doesn’t seem very nice. But, it sure is funny . . . to some.

Moving on . . .

I am in LOVE with the Be Good Tanyas radio station I’ve created on Pandora. It rocks it. Big time. And I did some digging on the interweb this evening and bought a CD from one chick I’ve discovered. Have a list of another ten CDs I’m going to look into. Will let you good people know what I think later. YOU must be on the edge of your seat, eh?

(Sarah: Interesting tidbit . . . seems Natalie Merchant covers “Sally Ann” on a retrospective CD she put out. INTeresting, eh? Not a bad track either.

OH, and I must say, that even though Old Crow Medicine Show has “Cocaine Habit” on seemingly every album, I quite like the track on Big Iron World the best. It’s crazy good . . . so I think. And, what do you think?)

OK, I’m done talking to my sister now.

(Where was my 4:30 call today? Not cool.)

OK, now I’m done.

I really can’t think of much else I have to say. I’m sure I’ll remember something else I wanted to ramble about halfway thru my walk home (which I’m quite looking forward to tonight – need to do some thinking . . . it’s my big girl birthday on Saturday, after all. I need to start analyzing the shit out of my life and such. Per usual.)



Just going to keep going with them . . . one of the songs in my top 5 (it’s just so lovely and this is a good performance of it!):



And the video (Sarah: have you seen this?? Notice the Gillian cameo!):



My how Ketch is a lovely boy. (I really still can’t believe they played at your wedding, Sarah. You give Andrew the music responsibility and look how well he does!)

And I am NOW done talking to my sister via my blog-o.

Have one hell of a night, peeps.

No comments: