October 9, 2008

What the Brits think . . . (Yes, we should care.)

Flirting her way to victory
Sarah Palin's farcical debate performance lowered the standards for both female candidates and US political discourse

At one point, Michelle Goldberg pulls a quote from Palin from the debate. This is "how she responded to Biden's comments about how the middle class has been short-changed during the Bush administration, and how McCain will continue Bush's policies:"

Say it ain't so, Joe, there you go again pointing backwards again. You preferenced [sic] your whole comment with the Bush administration. Now doggone it, let's look ahead and tell Americans what we have to plan to do for them in the future. You mentioned education, and I'm glad you did. I know education you are passionate about with your wife being a teacher for 30 years, and god bless her. Her reward is in heaven, right? ... My brother, who I think is the best schoolteacher in the year, and here's a shout-out to all those third graders at Gladys Wood Elementary School, you get extra credit for watching the debate.


This just made me laugh out loud. What the fuck is she talking about???

If you didn't see this last Saturday, check out Tina Fey as Palin during the debate. I think my favorite part is when she pulls out the flute.

Fey as Palin continues to boost ‘SNL’ ratings

No comments: